Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jumping through Another Hoop!

Today was a wild day! You could tell the snow storm was coming by the behavior of the kids at Bright Beginnings! Not that they were naughty, just excited and silly! It started snowing about 3:00 and was really pretty coming down! And, we have a snow day tomorrow! Hip! Hip! Hooray!

In all the excitement we got an email from An Open Door this afternoon that our letter from the Ministry of Latvia was ready for us to read over and confirm that we "want these children". Unfortunately, the letter was no where to be found in the email or attached or in another email, so it wasn't until tonight that we finally received it via email. We didn't really know what to expect, but it was pretty much a letter saying that they had received our paperwork and they have two children who fit the description of what we requested (we couldn't name the girls specifically in our homestudy). They wrote a paragraph about each girl and suprisingly they did a perfect job! Whoever wrote it must know them well and we are thankful that somebody takes the time to get to know who they are, what they like, and their behavior. We obviously called Cathy and told her YES, we accept this referral! One more hoop we have jumped through on this journey!

I think I am ready to start packing! I can go ahead and get the girls' clothes picked out and the games and activities we want to take. There will be so much to do to get ready to leave for two weeks that I think I should get started! Plus, this is the part I am really looking forward to! What I am not looking forward to is being away from the little girls for that long. Reagan hugged me so tight and cried the day we got the call about traveling in February and said, "Mommy, I'm really going to miss you." Talk about breaking my heart. I need to plan some fun little thing for them to do to help the time go quickly. My mom will be staying with them so they can stay pretty much in their daily routine. I was thinking of doing a paperchain countdown with little things for them to do. It will be a relief when we have all four girls home and we can start our life as a family of six.

We mailed out letters of support this week and our hope is that the people who receive them will not be offended that we are asking for prayer and financial support. It is very humbling to ask, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment