Sunday, January 31, 2010

10 Days

In 10 days Agnese and Daniela will be saying good-bye to their foster family and hello to their new life as Tuckers! The closer we get, the more my emotions get the best of me! It was Youth Sunday at church, so the kids were very involved in the service. I am thankful beyond words that my new daughters will soon be a part of our church family, too! Ryleigh and her friend Bailey sang "The Greatest Commandment" as a special today! It's a song from our VBS from 2 years ago. I am so proud of Ry and her confidence getting up there in front of so many people! She loves Jesus and she is not afraid to show it! Joe did a children's sermon and my heart was so full of joy to watch the kids up there on stage listening so well to him. It was awesome! Joe's "big person" sermon was great, too! The topic was "Rest" and it really made me think about the "busy-ness" that consumes my life. I want my new daughters to know how important it is to make time for God and the best way for them to learn that is for us to be that kind of example. The Elders and some of the deacons had a time of prayer for us at the end of church and I couldn't hold back my tears. We are so blessed!

We called the girls this morning and I am so glad that the next time I hear their voices, I will see their faces, too! They seemed excited and said they were packing one suitcase of stuff. They always ask about their sisters and I am very sad that we are not all making the trip. I know that it will be fine and soon we will all be together, but 19 days is so long to be away from the little girls. I try to see the positives, but at this point, I don't know how my heart can take it! I am hoping there will be lots to keep us busy in Latvia, so the time passes quickly! We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment