Thursday, December 31, 2009

Belated Christmas Gift

We got a very unexpected and exciting phone call from Cathy, our adoption coordinator! She wanted to let us know that she heard from Daina, our Latvian lawyer and coordinator, and she needed to know if we could travel in Feburary! Of course we can! It was so awesome to not expect to hear anything and then to get the call! We started rattling off a ton of questions at a speed of 90 miles an hour! She didn't have the answer to most of them, but she said she would do her best to find us some answers.

This news really lit a fire under me and I started cleaning and organizing like a crazy person! I got the office done (for those of you that have been in there, you know what a feat that was!), the toy room done, which was a complete disaster, and Agnese's room finished (expect for one desk drawer). We also got Ryleigh and Daniela's room done, except for the wallpaper border that will go around the window and the curtain hung up. I feel so blessed when I go from room to room and know that God has blessed us so much with these four girls. My new year's resolution is to be the best mom I can be.

We are having some friends over tonight to ring in 2010 and I am really looking forward to it! I love playing games and laughing and hanging our with good friends! My girls are excited to have their own kid party in the basement. Ryleigh said "Are we going to watch that ball thing drop like we always do?" I said, "Yes", but what I was thinking was "Sure, just like you have one time in your life!!!" Good times!

Our prayer as we reflect on 2009 is that every person could know the freedom and love you have when you are in relationship with Jesus. He is the reason we have found true happiness and contentment! Have a blessed new year!

Stay tuned... WE ARE GOING TO LATVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment