Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ethan Update (FINALLY!)

We got news this morning that Ethan did make it safely to Beijing to a Children's Hospital. Half the Sky is taking his case over and going to pay the $16,000 that it is going to cost to do this surgery. If anyone feels led to donate to this amazing organization, please visit their website www.halfthesky.org. We don't really know anything about a timeline for us to travel. Nobody seems to care that he is going to have his second heart surgery without his family by his side. This whole experience has really made me see that to some people adoption is just a business. Some people can close their hearts and turn off any kind of emotion about orphans. I just have a completely different mindset, even if it doesn't involve my children. I see it at Bright Beginnings, at church, in our community. Some people just don't get that every child deserves an environment that encourages them to be the best they can be. My son deserves a mommy to comfort him when he is scared in the hospital and when he is in pain after his surgery. I don't know how to deal with all of my emotions related to this topic. I love children so much. I love working with them, teaching them, parenting them, watching them grow into little people. I am so blessed by my girls and I just want Ethan home so he can be a part of our family. It is tearing me up inside to not have him home. Specific prayer requests: Pray that the doctors and nurses taking care of Ethan will have steady hands in his surgery and caring hearts to love on him. Pray that GW will work on extending our travel approval and that it will not be a big deal to extend it (we have not heard from the travel coordinator even though we were told she would answer all of our questions. IMAGINE THAT.) Pray that somehow, some way Ethan will feel our love and that God will protect him from germs and complications. Pray God will heal him quickly. Pray that we can travel very soon and bring Ethan home. Pray for us to receive Reese's referral soon. Thanks a million for continuing to follow this blog. It will be so much more interesting when Ethan is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment