Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Bump in the Road to Ethan

It's taken me a few days to blog about this because I have tried to put it in the back of my mind or I would probably be crying non-stop.  But, I figured since this is really about documenting our adoption journey for Ethan to read someday, I guess I better include the crappy parts, too...

So, last Thursday, which was Day 70 of our wait for LSC, I was meeting with a parent who was interested in bringing her children to Bright Beginnings.  My cell phone rang and I had a feeling I better see who it was (totally and completely against the rules for BB staff and probably very unprofessional).  It said "Great Wall" so I started to flip out and explain to the parent what was going on.  Luckily Kelli was in there, too, so she explained while I answered.  I didn't get to it and while I was freaking out trying to figure out how to call it right back, it rang again and I did answer it.  I had jumped up from my desk ready to do a "happy dance" only to hear the words "We got word from China that your paper work is in Review and they need more information..."  I felt so deflated.  Then she explained that I needed to get a letter from my doctor explaining that even though I am overweight I can still parent this child.  Are you kidding me????  Did they miss the part in my homestudy that says what I do for a living?  Whatever.  So, embarrassment is starting to take over my entire being.  I wrote down everything she was saying in her condesending and business like way.  Anyway, long story short... I got our friend Andy to write the letter, as he is a Nurse Practioner at the office where I had my most recent doctor's visit.  He did it in a matter of an hour from the call and got it faxed for me.  No problem.  Praise the Lord that I am surrounded by people who #1 love me and understand me #2 go the extra mile unselfishly #3 (and most important) who love God and serve Him in all that they do.  My friends at BB lifted me up and helped me put things in perspective.  They don't judge the situation, but support my family and our adoption.  So blessed!

So, now we keep waiting and I have to push the worry out of my mind that China could deny us our son because I am fat.  I really am trying to give it to God and to know that  His timing is perfect.  I would appreciate your prayers for this situation and for Ethan, as he waits for us.  Thanks!

Our Small Group hosted a Kid's Night In/Parents Night Out on Friday night for our Micah 6:8 project.  We had around 50 kids!  It was a huge success!  We all had a good time and it was a wonderful team effort.  We kept the kids very busy and I think they all went away with smiles and their faces!  It was a blessing for us to bless the parents of the church!  Ryder Rhoades asked at the end of the night if we could do it again next Friday.  Had to burst his bubble and say "no!".  We are so thankful for the friends we have made in Small Group and the kids we get to minister to! 

Looking forward to our Enrollment Carnival at BB this coming Saturday.  It is always fun to meet new families!  Praying for good weather.  Glad to have this event to keep me busy while we wait, wait, and wait for another call...

1 comment:

  1. It's so frustrating sometimes the picky little things that they focus on. We almost didn't get accepted into our program because Jason has ocassional migranes. I will be praying for your family as you continue to wait.

    ReplyDelete