Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Proud to be American

We had a great 4th of July weekend! It was very busy, but lots of great memories were made. We spent time with the Goodin side of the family on Friday and Saturday and on Sunday we went to Grandma Eula's for fireworks and food! I was nervous about Becca and Isabella getting hurt with the fireworks, but they did great following the rules of NO lighting fireworks by yourself! It was fun for me to sit back and watch them have such a good time!

Yesterday at breakfast, Becca made a comment about wishing she would have had a life like Ryleigh. Then Isabella said, yes, she did, too. They asked why God didn't give them a good life when they were little. Talk about heart-breaking. How do you explain something that you don't even fully understand? I want them to know that God loves them and always has and that He has a plan for them, like He does for all of us.

The big girls all loved church camp and really learned a lot. I am so proud of them and happy that things went so well! Becca even made a friend (that is a boy, but not a "boyfriend") that's mom called the director of the camp to get our contact info so they could keep in touch. I guess when he asked for her phone number and address, she told him "she can't share that"! I was proud of her for being safe with that! She is definitely building our trust back. They all had funny stories to share and it was awesome to see their smiles while they talked about it. Great memories!

Now that Summer in the Son is over, we are finding time to relax and enjoy not being on a schedule. I will work a little bit to keep things running smoothly and prepare for next year, but I am making a conscious effort to get away from work for awhile. I am extremely thankful for Melissa being the new daycare director. She is doing a wonderful job and she is such a fantastic person and friend. Bright Beginnings is so lucky to have her!

We are headed to Wisconsin at the end of the week. 12 hours in the van with 4 kids and a dog. Hmmm... that should be loads of fun! I am really looking foward to visiting my grandparents and introducing the Isabella and Becca to them. I am praying for lots of patience and a go with the flow attitude for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment